Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An Evening Sail on Mike's New Home

I met Mike last fall at a beer can race at Spinnaker Sailing. He'd just finished his classes and had no experience. It was my first season of racing, too, but I'd been racing since April. Mike was the first person who asked me for guidance, and I realized how much I'd learned that season when I started giving him pointers. It felt good to be able to help out a newcomer instead of always being the newbie and asking for help and instruction.

Both Mike and I have sailed A LOT since then. In fact, Mike recently bought a 33' Hunter and lives on it now. He likes to take his home out for a sail a couple of times a week and invited Sandi and me along on Tuesday night.

We had perfect weather... nice wind, mild temperatures, and a mild flood. Mike's friend, Eric, who hadn't been sailing since he was a kid, joined us as well.

Basically, we motored out of Pete's Harbor, sailed up the channel and out to the middle of the bay, and returned the same way. It was a short but sweet sail. Thanks to Mike for providing us with a fun evening in the middle of the week and to Sandi for taking the pictures!

No comments: