Sunday, November 30, 2008

Leisurely Sail with Friends

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, I went sailing. This is terrible! I remember who was there (Sandi, Jean, and my new friend, Jack) and that I chartered a boat out of Sausalito. But I can't remember which boat (possibly Carita) or what the day was like.

I think we had a strong ebb, light winds, mild winter temps, and sun most of the day. I think we got about 10-12 kts intermittently throughout the day but ended up doing a lot of motoring. I didn't take any pictures either, so there's nothing to jog my memory. Ugh...

I do know that Jack wants to learn to sail, so we showed him how to do some things and, at times, got him totally confused. He took the wheel at some point, though (when we did have a little wind) and did really well. We didn't make our usual dinner stop in Sausalito, but my sense is that it was a really relaxing day and that a good time was had by all.

If any of my crew remembers things I've forgotten, please post a comment! I promise to write these blog postings more regularly in the new year, so I don't forget! And I promise to take more pictures while I'm out to help me remember the day.

No comments: